Wednesday, September 8, 2010

More pictures

I have posted some more pictures at my gallery, "New Mexico Skies." There you can see previously posted pics of the grounds, followed by various pictures of telescopes I have used here, me with said telescopes, sketches of things I've seen through said telescopes, and a couple dinners I fixed. Why the dinners? Just to show off. They were delicious, thanks for asking!

My plan is to load some of the pictures of sketches here with photos of the same objects so you can marvel at my skills. Or not. The point of sketching at the eyepiece for me is not so much to reproduce what God has made much better, but to take the time to look, really observe, meditate upon, even, said divine handiwork. After a couple of nights of seeing so many objects that I can hardly remember them all, a slower, more thoughtful pace was a welcome change. So you'll have to stay subscribed to get all my insights.

Time for one more dinner. Have to get rid of ground beef, chicken, spaghetti and sauce, a potato, half an onion, leftover zucchini, and a peach. MMmmmmmight not happen. I'll let you know. Watch for pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment