Monday, August 2, 2010

So it begins...

Well, I was not thrilled with my sermon this morning -- my last until November! -- but it was okay. I sort of started in the wrong place, as I thought about it later, and then the whole thing was sideways. It had sounded so much better last night and in the shower this morning. Oh well.

Any way, at 11:27 pm, I've got just about a half hour until the sabbatical starts officially I guess. We had a good worship service and a good crowd. It was nice to see so many people there at once and many who we haven't seen for some time. I am confident that Leslianne will do a great job at CPC. Then the Church Life committee put together a wonderful reception after the service with cakes and shrimp and punch and fresh fruit and all manner of goodies. Lots of good wishes from many dear people. Barry introduced and welcomed Leslianne and offered a farewell blessing to me. Very nice!

Had a meeting after all the festivities -- an appropriate way to go out. Then, I found it hard to get everything together and get out of the office this afternoon. This leave-taking really is challenging. I feel like I'm leaving so much undone and so many people that I should have contacted. If you are one of those or are close to one, I ask for your grace and forgiveness. I'm also just so used to being at the church, doing.... churchy things. Maybe the anxiety I feel about leaving is a good indication that it's a really good idea for me to leave for a while! It reminds me (and the congregation) that ministry is God's work first, and who does it is secondary.

Okay. It's now after midnight. Heeeeeeeeere weeeeee GOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment